Ethiopian Emerald, Rough Parcel, 153 g
Our Ethiopian emeralds are from the recently discovered mine deposit in Shakiso, Southern Ethiopia. We source rough emeralds for jewelry companies and collectors. This parcel contains mostly bead and cabochon quality rough with a range of colours.
External reference: GIA: A New Discovery of Emeralds from Ethiopia, 2017.
|Length / width / depth
Range of greens and colour saturations
No treatment, 100% natural
GIA: A New Discovery of Emeralds from Ethiopia, 2017
All rough stones have a no return or refund policy
1. Geology of the emerald deposit is closely related to the near-by Kenticha tantalum mine, close to the dealing town of Shakiso;
2. This deposit is located at the southern rim of the Adola belt, which is dominated by pegmatites, metamorphic successions, high-grade schists and gneisses (feldspar, quartz, and mica);
3. The Kenticha field is penetrated by N/S striking pegmatites that are dated to be c. 500 million years old;
4. The emerald discovery was an unexpected find by a local couple looking for tantalum where they saw green gems in their washing pans;
5. Rough emeralds yielded come in a large range of quality, colour and clarity; and
6. See our analysis section for more information.
EMERALD DEPOSIT LOCATION
Click to load the map.